Table of Contents
1. Elshaug A (Menzies C for HP. Appropriate Use Criteria. 2016.
2. MBS. MBS Data.
3. ANZDATA Registry. 38th Annual ANZDATA Report [Internet]. Adelaide; 2016. Available from: http://www.anzdata.org.au/v1/report_2015.html
4. Preston-Thomas A, Cass A, O’Rourke P. Trends in the incidence of treated end-stage kidney disease among Indigenous Australians and access to treatment. Aust N Z J Public Health [Internet]. 2007 Oct [cited 2016 Jul 29];31(5):419–21. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17931287
5. Brophy PD, Shoham DA, CKD Life Course Group, Charlton JR, Carmody JB, Reidy KJ, et al. Early-Life Course Socioeconomic Factors and Chronic Kidney Disease. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis [Internet]. 2015 Jan [cited 2016 Jul 29];22(1):16–23. Available from: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1548559514001013
6. Cass A, Cunningham J, Hoy W. The relationship between the incidence of end-stage renal disease and markers of socioeconomic disadvantage. N S W Public Health Bull [Internet]. 2002 [cited 2016 Jul 29];13(7):147–51. Available from: http://phrp.com.au/issues/volume-13-issue-7/the-relationship-between-the-incidence-of-end-stage-renal-disease-and-markers-of-socioeconomic-disadvantage/
7. Garcia-Garcia G, Jha V. Chronic kidney disease in disadvantaged populations. Indian J Nephrol [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2016 Jul 29];25(2):65–9. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25838641
8. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Chronic Kidney Disease: Regional Variation in Australia. Canberra; 2013.
9. Statistics AB of. Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey: Biomedical Results, 2012–13. Cat No 4727055003. Canberra: Australian Government; 2014.
10. ABS. Estimates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, Jun 2011.
11. Gorham G. Review of Tiwi Dialysis Centre: The Economic and Social Repercussions of Client Relocation [Internet]. Review of Tiwi Dialysis Centre: The Economic and Social Repercussions of Client Relocation. Darwin: G. Gorham; 2000. Available from: http://trove.nla.gov.au/version/43196870
12. Lavoie J, Forget E, Rowe G DM. The leaving for the city project (medical relocation project phase 2): Final report. Winnipeg; 2009.
13. McGrath P. “I don”t want to be in that big city; this is my country here’: research findings on Aboriginal peoples’ preference to die at home. Aust J Rural Health [Internet]. 2007 Aug [cited 2016 Jul 29];15(4):264–8. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17617091
14. Wilson R, Krefting L, Sutcliffe P, Van Bussel L. Native Canadians relocating for renal dialysis. Psychosocial and cultural issues. Can Fam physician Médecin Fam Can [Internet]. 1994 Nov [cited 2016 Jul 29];40:1934–41. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7841825
15. Anderson K, Cass A, Cunningham J, Snelling P, Devitt J PC. The use of psychosocial criteria in Australian patient selection guidelines for kidney transplantation. Soc Sci Med. 2007;64(10):2107–14.
16. Anderson K, Cunningham J, Devitt J, Preece C, Cass A. “Looking back to my family”: Indigenous Australian patients’ experience of hemodialysis. BMC Nephrol [Internet]. 2012 Dec 20 [cited 2016 Jul 29];13(1):114. Available from: http://bmcnephrol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2369-13-114
17. Anderson K, Yeates K, Cunningham J, Devitt J, Cass A. They really want to go back home, they hate it here: The importance of place in Canadian health professionals’ views on the barriers facing Aboriginal patients accessing kidney transplants. Heal Place. 2009;15.
18. Stumpers S, Thomson N. Review of Kidney Disease among Indigenous People [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2016 Jul 25]. Available from: http://www.healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/chronic-conditions/kidney/reviews/our-review
19. Just PM, Riella MC, Tschosik EA, Noe LL BS. Economic evaluations of dialysis treatment modalities. Health Policy. 2008;86(2–3):163–80.
20. Karopadi AN, Mason G, Rettore E, Ronco C. Cost of peritoneal dialysis and haemodialysis across the world. Nephrol Dial Transplant [Internet]. 2013 Oct [cited 2016 Jul 29];28(10):2553–69. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23737482
21. Klarenbach SW, Tonelli M, Chui B, Manns BJ. Economic evaluation of dialysis therapies. Nat Rev Nephrol [Internet]. 2014 Nov [cited 2016 Jul 29];10(11):644–52. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25157840
22. Marley J, Dent H, Wearne M, Fitzclarence C, Nelson C, Siu K, et al. Haemodialysis outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients of remote Kimberley region origin. Med J Aust. 2010;193(9):516–20.
23. MBS. MBS data Q20321.
24. MBS. MBS data Q20348 FY14/15.
25. Lopez-Vargas P, Polkinghorne K. Preparation and placement of vascular access. KHA-CARI Guidel [Internet]. 2012;(February):1–10. Available from: http://www.cari.org.au/Dialysis/dialysis vascular access/Preparation_and_ placement.pdf
26. Mudge D. Technique of Insertion of Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter [Internet]. 2013. Available from: http://www.cari.org.au/Dialysis/dialysis peritonitis/Technique_ Insertion_final_DC_ 14May2014.pdf
27. Jiang C, Xu L, Chen Y, Yan X, Sun C, Zhang M. A modified open surgery technique for peritoneal dialysis catheter placement decreases catheter malfunction. Perit Dial Int [Internet]. 2014 Jun [cited 2016 Aug 1];34(4):358–67. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24991051
28. McTaggart S. Transplant guidelines for paediatric recipients [Internet]. CARI Guidelines. 2011 [cited 2016 Jul 28]. p. 1–8. Available from: http://www.cari.org.au/Transplantation/transplantation recipient assessment/Paediatric_recipients.pdf
29. Foster BJ. Heightened graft failure risk during emerging adulthood and transition to adult care. Pediatr Nephrol [Internet]. 2015 Apr [cited 2016 Jul 29];30(4):567–76. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24890339
30. Harden PN, Walsh G, Bandler N, Bradley S, Lonsdale D, Taylor J, et al. Bridging the gap: an integrated paediatric to adult clinical service for young adults with kidney failure. Bmj. 2012;344(jun01 1):e3718–e3718.
31. ANZDATA Registry. ANZDATA Registry data.
32. Watson AR, Harden P, Ferris M, Kerr PG, Mahan J, Ramzy MF. Transition from pediatric to adult renal services: A consensus statement by the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA). Pediatr Nephrol. 2011;26(10):1953–7.
33. Kidney Health Australia. Kidney Health Australia Submission : Legislative Council Inquiry into Organ Donation in Victoria. J Nephrol. 2011;(May):1–18.
34. Agerskov H, Ludvigsen MS, Bistrup C, Pedersen BD. From donation to everyday life: Living kidney donors’ experiences three months after donation. J Ren Care [Internet]. 2016 Mar [cited 2016 Jul 29];42(1):43–52. Available from: http://doi.wiley.com/10.1111/jorc.12137
35. Davis CL, Delmonico FL. Living-Donor Transplantation: A Review of the Current Practices for the Live Donor. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16(7):2098–110.
36. ANZDATA. Living Kidney Donor Registry. Available from: http://www.anzdata.org.au/anzod/v1/TransplantsByYear.html
37. Gibbons N, Nicol D, CARI. The CARI guidelines. Surgical techniques in living donor nephrectomy. Nephrology (Carlton) [Internet]. 2010 Apr [cited 2016 Aug 5];15 Suppl 1:S88-95. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20591051
38. Corapi KM, Chen JLT, Balk EM, Gordon CE. Bleeding Complications of Native Kidney Biopsy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Am J Kidney Dis [Internet]. 2012 Jul [cited 2016 Aug 5];60(1):62–73. Available from: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0272638612005586